WOW Versus POP: Which One Is The Best Instant Spaghetti?


There is an ongoing debate about some relatively new instant spaghetti product lines in Indonesia. I will share my perspective on both brands and explain why the pizza bolognese flavor from Pop Spaghetti is definitely the one you should choose.

I believe the pizza bolognese flavor from Pop Spaghetti is the best of all the other types because it is significantly more delicious. I was so shocked when I tasted it a few evenings ago because of how tasty it was. The sauce tasted like a La Fonte or Del Monte packaged sauce with some additional chunks of meat in it. Meanwhile, the texture of the noodles was as smooth as professionally cooked spaghetti. For instance, it was quite similar to spaghetti that you might order from some well-known establishments, like Pizza Hut, McDonald's, or some Italian restaurants.

On the other hand, the Indomie Goreng-inspired flavor from Wow Spaghetti is the one that I least recommend, especially if you are not fond of something spicy. Unfortunately, the Wow Spaghetti Goreng does not separate the chili powder from the main seasoning, thus resulting in spicy spaghetti regardless of personal preference. The same goes for the Aglio Olio flavor of Wow Spaghetti, which also contains chili flakes despite the package's color being green, not red. The red one's flavor is Bolognese and apparently is not spicy, which can cause confusion for consumers who do not pay attention to the text. However, the red one and the orange one (Carbonara) are quite tasty, especially the latter for some people who like their spaghetti to be extra creamy. In addition, I have not checked the Fried Chicken Carbonara flavor from Pop Spaghetti; therefore, I have not been able to review it just yet. 

In conclusion, I highly recommend Pop Spaghetti's non-spicy flavor rather than Wow Spaghetti Goreng. I prefer not to pick the latter because of the spice, and you might as well get the real Indomie Goreng anyway.

Comments